What’s The Matter Project

Hello! my name is Lila and for the past month we have been working on a project we call “What’s The Matter”. It’s where we each choose a topic, do a project about it and find the matter in the issue. I decided on Deforestation in Canada and did a Canva on it. Once we did that we had to choose a media like a flyer or podcast. But I decided on a News broadcast with my friend Noa Tili and I put in the slides down below and you can watch it there.

Deforestation In Canada by Lila Moore

Did you know that About 2,000 years ago, 80 percent of Western Europe was forested; today the figure is 34 percent. In North America, about half of the forests in the eastern part of the continent were cut down from the 1600s to the 1870s for timber and agriculture. China has lost great expanses of its forests over the past 4,000 years and now just over 20 percent of it is forested. Also, Forests cover more than 30% of the Earth’s land surface, according to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). These forested areas produce oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide (CO2), and are home to an estimated 80% of Earth’s terrestrial species.

Forests also are a source of food, medicine and fuel for more than a billion people. Worldwide, forests provide 13.4 million people with jobs in the forest sector, and another 41 million people have jobs related to forests. I have learned a lot in this project like how much deforestation affects the earth in general not just in Canada. In this project I learned alot like how much the world could use some taking care of.

THANK YOU